Jackson Therapeutic Recreation staff provides the best combination of skills and experience to make a real and positive difference in your life or the life of a family member.
- Are you concerned that a parent or spouse is not doing enough, is sedentary or alone, and is experiencing declining health?
- Do you have a family member living in a care facility and want them to be more engaged and stimulated in their day to day life?
- Do you need respite care that goes beyond bathing and feeding, and provides active therapy that improves quality of living?
- Have you lost interest in doing things you used to do and have trouble motivating yourself?
- Does a disability or health challenge prevent you from using your leisure time the way you really want to?
- Do you or a family member live with any of the following: Alzheimer’s or dementia, Parkinson’s disease, results of a stroke, brain injury, physical disability, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, mental health issue, arthritis, or challenging behaviours?
We are an agency that delivers on its primary mission to improve quality of living and overall life enjoyment for clients and peace of mind for families. If you looking for an agency that goes beyond personal care and nursing please contact us.
- Our professional staff help people with health challenges enjoy meaningful and productive recreation time
- Therapeutic Recreation is the only health profession that is completely dedicated to helping people overcome barriers and engage in healthy and rewarding leisure activity
- If you have difficulty with successfully participating in recreation and leisure pursuits due to a health issue of any kind, you can benefit from Therapeutic Recreation services.
- All our qualified and professional staff are fully insured with both Liability and WSIB coverage
- VAC Health Identification cards are accepted, and our services are tax-deductible as a medical expense
Please contact us today for your free assessment and learn how we can help you or a family member get the most out of life.
The profession of Therapeutic Recreation and the contents of its programs are designed to keep people as engaged, activated and stimulated as possible, while learning new skills and increasing their level of independence.
Jackson Therapeutic Recreation helps its clients learn the skills necessary to have choices in how they spend their time. We foster a sense of independence and control by helping people stay connected and productive.
Jackson Therapeutic Recreation Services is one of the very few organizations to offer the services of this profession to the public in an exclusively one-to-one format that maximizes the benefits to the client. Our President and Founder, Matt Jackson, left his previous career in pursuit of a desire to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. By combining his working background in business development and management with the unique benefits offered by Therapeutic Recreation, the company has been successfully improving the quality of living for clients throughout Southern Ontario since 2003.
An important feature of our service is that the same therapist comes every time. This allows a relationship and a trust environment to evolve between your family member and us. We come to them, not the other way around. We can therefore provide services in your home, in long term care facilities, in hospitals, or wherever the need is. We are available days, evenings and weekends.
Regardless of where you or your family member live, whether it is at home or in a care facility of some kind, we can help you engage meaningfully in life and leisure activities that are relevant to you. We invite you to contact us.
We make a meaningful difference in people’s lives by helping clients and their families get the most out of life and cope with illness, disability or other barriers.